Sunday, September 11, 2016

Cam - 2 Years Old!

I want to capture all that I can of this wild child because he is learning and doing something new every single day.  I want to make sure I write down everything that he says and how he says it because although I feel like I could never forget the cuteness - I know I will!






  • He weighs  lbs and is  inches tall.  (I will fill this in when he has his 2 year check up this week.)
  • One thing is for sure that our boy is a complete boy.  He likes to dump out anything that has anything in it.  He loves to put something in something else over and over again.  He loves trucks and wheels and noises.  He loves to get dirty.  
  • He doesn't do anything how it is supposed to be done.  He does everything in a new and interesting way.  
  • He LOVES to help. Just the other day Jason asked him to help him get Max out of his crate and outside and once he was finished he came over and said, 'Bubba help.  Five!' and held his hand up for a high five!
  • He is sweet as pure sugar when he wants to be and mean as a hornet when he feels the need.  
  • He is in the throws of pure 'twoyearolddom'.  He will be joyfully and blissfully playing one second and literally the next second he will be on the floor screaming.  
  • He is in a really bad hitting phase right now, but at least the biting phase is on the way out. 
  • He is without his sleep sack (he figured out how to unzip it right around his 2nd birthday, so we just took it off) and sleeping with just his friends and his footy jams at night.  So far (knock on wood) he hasn't even tried to hoist himself out of this crib.  That boy is going be 15 and still in a crib if we can make that happen.  I have a feeling that the big boy transition is going to be something else.  Hopefully, I am wrong!
  • He is in size 4 diapers during the day and size 5 sleep diapers at night.  The day diapers have Mickey and Minnie on them and the nighttime diapers have Pooh Bear, so he will wake up and ask for Mimmie diapers and at night he will tell us he needs a bear diaper.  So cute!
  • He is wearing 3T or 4T clothes.  I love that boys just need athletic shorts and a sports shirt!
  • He is a typical toddler when it comes to eating.  It depends on the second of the minute of the hour of any given day.  Some days he LOVES PB&Js and some days he can't stand them.  He LOVED Chick-a-lay nunnets, but now he wants nothing to do with them and he wants a sandwich.  He LOVED carrots once upon a time and now will only inhale them if they are from Kimono and sugared up.
  • He drinks milk (2%) for breakfast and then before nap and bed.  The rest of the time he drinks water or mostly water with a little bit of apple juice. 
  • He is OBSESSED with Sadie (our Havanese puppy).  He calls her Sais-ee Bug (or Bug or B) and he literally cannot get close enough to her.  I think I've done as much training on him as I have on her.
  • He LOVES his big sissy, but equally annoys the mess out of her (as brothers should do).  They play so great one minute and then they are both screaming at each other the next. 
  • He started back at Generations at the beginning of September and so far we have heard that he isn't sleeping on his cot (that he will lay there and just yell out Mommy, Daddy, Val, Nita, or the name of anyone else he can think of or go around and visit everyone) and that he is hitting and tackling other kids.  I really hope this settles out quickly and he gets adjusted and things get figured out.  This is a time of a lot of new stuff in our house and everyone is feeling the newness.  I guess they get that from me.  I was not always the best at transitions!
  • When it is time for him to go to sleep he will say 'my seat' and sprint to his room to try to claim the recliner.  It is awesome for Jason or me because we don't have to fight him to get him to go to bed.  Once he is in there he will drink his milk and then be crazy for a minute and then drink some more milk and settle down.  Then we just lay him down and 90% of the time he goes right to sleep. 
  • His words have exploded over these past couple of months.  He is putting three and four words together and can give me complete thoughts on things he has going on.  It has been incredible to watch.  These are a few things he is saying that I want to remember:
    • Bubba doos it!
    • Nay new! (Thank you!)
    • Sais-ee Bug
    • nunnets (nuggets)
    • Sure (in response to anything that the answer could be yes)
    • Bubba no like!
    • Ok (pretty standard, but just really stinkin' cute!)
    • Milk mees (milk please)
    • Mmmm...good (when he is a fan of something for that second)
    • Da-ee top (Daddy stop - when Jason is tickling him or messing with him)
    • Sawee Sissy/Mommy/Daddy (Sorry)
    • Fip Fops (flip fops)
    • i eem (ice cream)
    • Nana (Anna), Unc Will, Weh-wee (Leslie), Boo Boo (Drew), Neh-wee (Penelope) [He can say everyone's name in the family, but it is just funny how he says a few of them!]
    • Val or Nita (he will tell on one of them when the other one puts him or timeout or says he can't do anything!)
    • He socially laughs.  When something is really funny he will cover his mouth with his hand or put his hand on his forehead and lean forward and laugh like he is a grown man!
  • The boy LOVES music.  Caroline got music from her VBS this summer and we still listen to it all the time.  He has learned some of the hand motion and will dance like crazy when those songs come on.  He also loves the band and drum line at Daddy's football games.
  • When he does something he knows he shouldn't and he knows I am going to get mad, he looks at me with the same face I use on him.  It is hilarious and usually makes me chuckle (if I am not too mad). 
  • He loves his cousins and he and Drew are going to get into a lot of trouble down the road.  Jack is so glad that he now has boys to play with!
Bubba,

You test my patience and my resolve every single day.  But you also make me so happy and my heart melt every single day, too.  You are most certainly my boy and you are so very loved by your whole family.  When you do things and feel things you do it with everything you have.  I hope this never goes away.  When you are sweet, there is nothing sweeter in this world.  When you are determined, nothing will stop you.  When you are mad, nothing gets madder than you (except for maybe Sissy).  I love watching and being a part of the person you are becoming and I am so honored and blessed that God chose me to be your Mama.  You make me proud every day and I can't wait to see all that you do as you grow!

I love you!

Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment