Sunday, September 11, 2016

Caroline goes to KINDERGARTEN!!

I don't know how it is possible, but my little girl is now a full fledged kindergartner!!  She started August 30th, 2016 and she is a Peterson's Peanut!  Ms. Peterson is her teacher and Mrs. Horton is her teacher's assistant.  The first day, I was a hot mess.  I cried multiple times, but tried not to do it when she was watching.  She walked right in that school (in fact could not WAIT to get out of the car to go in), we walked her to her room, she found her seat, and she sat right down.  She looked so little sitting in that big room!  I was a basket case when I walked out that day - some of the other moms even pointed and said how sweet it was that I was upset.  Seriously?!  I could not WAIT for her to get off the bus that afternoon.  [We have the most awesome set up ever - a bus goes from Vienna to Reagan to pick up high school students and there are a group of teacher's kids that all ride the bus together and get off at Reagan.]  I was crouched down waiting for her to jump into my arms and she ran right passed me!  She wanted to stay with the gaggle of kids she rode with and she was told that Mrs. Jones has candy in the office.  I was sad for a split second and then so excited that she had a good day and was with kids she wanted to stay with.  Since then everything has been great.  We have packed her lunch every night, she has loaded up her book bag in the morning, and off she goes.  We drop her off in the line, she walks herself to class, and does the daggone thing all day long.  She has a behavior chart in her room and she has clipped up twice for doing well in class. She has come home with stories of kids getting clipped down and what a big deal that was.  I hope we don't have to deal with that!  The goal is to get on purple or even Perfect Peanut.  She has loved Ms. Peterson and says she gives hugs all day and is the best teacher she could ever have!  Here is the Facebook video of our pictures from that first day!


The transition for all of us has had its rough patches.  She does so well at school that when she comes home she is a hot mess of not listening.  I have been teaching all day and feel like I am barely keeping my head above water, so my patience pot is pretty low when we get home.  Cam isn't taking naps at school, so he comes home a hot mess, too.  I know it will just take some time and in a couple of weeks we will all be back in the school groove.

With the first couple of weeks under our belt, I can say so far so good!  It hasn't been perfect, but she has loved school, felt safe and comfortable with her teacher, and she is already making new friends.  She learns something new every day and is excited about going back each morning.  I would say we are off to a pretty good start!

We love you so much, sweet girl!  We are proud of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment